At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX gained 0.60%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Koninklijke Philips NV (AS: PHG ), which rose 3.48% or 1.11 points to trade at 32.85 at the close. Altice NV (AS: ATCA ) added 2.73% or 0.22 points to end at 8.29 and SBM Offshore NV (AS: SBMO ) was up 2.19% or 0.30 points to 13.97 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which lost 1.30% or 1.120 points to trade at 84.740 in late trade. Heineken (AS: HEIN ) declined 1.26% or 1.10 points to end at 86.36 and Akzo Nobel (AS: AKZO ) shed 1.17% or 0.94 points to 79.70.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 57 to 54 and 13 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was down 14.06% to 11.67 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 1.65% or 1.01 to $62.20 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 1.38% or 0.90 to hit $66.02 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.40% or 5.30 to trade at $1312.50 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.21% to 1.2279, while EUR/GBP fell 0.19% to 0.8812.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 90.27.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.