At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX rose 1.25%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which rose 4.42% or 3.920 points to trade at 92.700 at the close. ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ) added 2.48% or 3.65 points to end at 150.85 and Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ) was up 2.13% or 0.054 points to 2.586 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Heineken (AS: HEIN ), which lost 2.03% or 1.70 points to trade at 82.14 in late trade. SBM Offshore NV (AS: SBMO ) declined 1.95% or 0.26 points to end at 13.35 and ABN AMRO Group NV (AS: ABNd ) shed 1.43% or 0.36 points to 24.73.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 87 to 32 and 11 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was down 21.61% to 24.47.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 1.20% or 0.71 to $59.91 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 0.81% or 0.51 to hit $63.30 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.85% or 11.20 to trade at $1326.90 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.2268, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8879.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 90.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.