At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX declined 0.04%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ), which rose 2.11% or 0.050 points to trade at 2.415 at the close. ASR Nederland NV (AS: ASRNL ) added 1.93% or 0.68 points to end at 35.84 and NN Group NV (AS: NN ) was up 1.40% or 0.51 points to 36.99 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 2.49% or 0.735 points to trade at 28.750 in late trade. Philips Lighting NV (AS: LIGHT ) declined 1.85% or 0.47 points to end at 24.95 and Altice NV (AS: ATCA ) shed 1.69% or 0.06 points to 3.19.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 66 to 61 and 15 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was down 7.53% to 11.48.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was up 1.75% or 1.13 to $65.86 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August rose 2.26% or 1.70 to hit $77.06 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.05% or 0.60 to trade at $1302.00 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1817, while EUR/GBP rose 0.25% to 0.8801.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.27% at 93.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.