At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX fell 0.23%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Altice NV (AS: ATCA ), which rose 1.43% or 0.11 points to trade at 8.07 at the close. Randstad Holding NV (AS: RAND ) added 0.81% or 0.46 points to end at 57.10 and Heineken (AS: HEIN ) was up 0.39% or 0.34 points to 86.86 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ABN AMRO Group NV (AS: ABNd ), which lost 2.12% or 0.53 points to trade at 24.43 in late trade. SBM Offshore NV (AS: SBMO ) declined 0.98% or 0.14 points to end at 13.69 and ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ) shed 0.92% or 0.130 points to 14.050.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 76 to 39 and 12 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 2.48% to 14.14.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 0.10% or 0.06 to $60.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 0.08% or 0.05 to hit $64.69 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.17% or 2.30 to trade at $1324.80 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.11% to 1.2377, while EUR/GBP fell 0.12% to 0.8862.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 89.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.