At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX fell 0.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Altice NV (AS: ATCA ), which rose 2.03% or 0.05 points to trade at 2.46 at the close. Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize NV (AS: AD ) added 1.40% or 0.290 points to end at 20.945 and Akzo Nobel (AS: AKZO ) was up 1.29% or 1.04 points to 81.76 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Royal Dutch Shell PLC Class A (AS: RDSa ), which lost 1.47% or 0.425 points to trade at 28.520 in late trade. Koninklijke Vopak NV (AS: VOPA ) declined 1.39% or 0.60 points to end at 42.49 and ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ) shed 0.89% or 1.65 points to 183.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 64 to 58 and 13 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was down 10.67% to 10.05 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to $66.94 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $72.28 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.01% or 0.10 to trade at $1220.90 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.42% to 1.1561, while EUR/GBP fell 0.20% to 0.8994.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.31% at 95.24.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.