At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX declined 0.58%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Altice NV (AS: ATCA ), which rose 2.01% or 0.05 points to trade at 2.34 at the close. ABN AMRO Group NV (AS: ABNd ) added 0.81% or 0.19 points to end at 23.61 and ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ) was up 0.50% or 0.82 points to 165.72 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Koninklijke Philips NV (AS: PHG ), which lost 3.64% or 1.45 points to trade at 38.23 in late trade. WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) declined 1.82% or 3.14 points to end at 169.64 and Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ) shed 1.62% or 0.037 points to 2.250.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 74 to 48 and 16 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 6.36% to 12.92.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.07% or 0.05 to $75.25 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 0.06% or 0.05 to hit $85.03 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 1.52% or 18.10 to trade at $1209.80 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1561, while EUR/GBP rose 0.26% to 0.8901.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 95.02.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.