At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX declined 0.70%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which rose 2.53% or 2.260 points to trade at 91.600 at the close. Heineken (AS: HEIN ) added 2.27% or 1.74 points to end at 78.50 and Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize NV (AS: AD ) was up 2.18% or 0.424 points to 19.906 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ), which lost 3.16% or 5.06 points to trade at 155.32 in late trade. Akzo Nobel (AS: AKZO ) declined 2.37% or 1.80 points to end at 74.20 and ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ) shed 1.69% or 0.182 points to 10.602.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 75 to 49 and 15 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was unchanged 0.00% to 14.75.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.56% or 0.39 to $69.36 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.41% or 0.33 to hit $79.72 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.31% or 3.80 to trade at $1231.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.26% to 1.1472, while EUR/GBP rose 0.23% to 0.8790.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 95.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.