At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX declined 1.72% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Gemalto (AS: GTO ), which fell 0.16% or 0.08 points to trade at 50.52 at the close. ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ) fell 0.65% or 0.92 points to end at 140.64 and Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize NV (AS: AD ) was down 0.81% or 0.180 points to 22.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Altice NV (AS: ATCA ), which lost 7.93% or 0.17 points to trade at 1.94 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) declined 3.77% or 0.728 points to end at 18.570 and Aegon NV (AS: AEGN ) shed 3.56% or 0.161 points to 4.357.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 117 to 16 and 4 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 9.76% to 21.71.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was down 1.50% or 0.79 to $51.82 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February fell 1.12% or 0.69 to hit $60.98 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.28% or 3.50 to trade at $1249.10 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1374, while EUR/GBP rose 1.14% to 0.9045.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.55% at 97.007.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.