At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX fell 2.76% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Gemalto (AS: GTO ), which fell 0.59% or 0.29 points to trade at 49.55 at the close. Koninklijke DSM NV (AS: DSMN ) fell 1.71% or 1.38 points to end at 79.22 and Relx NV (AS: RELN ) was down 1.99% or 0.335 points to 16.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NN Group NV (AS: NN ), which lost 4.11% or 1.55 points to trade at 36.19 in late trade. SBM Offshore NV (AS: SBMO ) declined 3.74% or 0.55 points to end at 14.15 and Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ) shed 3.72% or 0.100 points to 2.591.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 119 to 8 and 6 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 54.62% to 24.36 a new 52-week high.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 0.27% or 0.17 to $63.98 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 0.56% or 0.38 to hit $67.24 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.46% or 6.10 to trade at $1330.40 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.16% to 1.2388, while EUR/GBP rose 0.16% to 0.8873.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 89.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.