At the close in Lagos, the NSE 30 lost 0.37% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the NSE 30 were Dangsugar (LAGOS: DANGSUG ), which rose 5.14% or 0.90 points to trade at 18.40 at the close. Uacn Prop (LAGOS: UACN ) added 2.65% or 0.35 points to end at 13.55 and Union Bank LG (LAGOS: UBN ) was up 1.69% or 0.10 points to 5.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Pz Cussons LG (LAGOS: PZ ), which lost 8.68% or 1.65 points to trade at 17.35 in late trade. Skye Bank (LAGOS: SKYEBAN ) declined 7.14% or 0.050 points to end at 0.680 and Wapco (LAGOS: WAPCO ) shed 5.17% or 1.85 points to 33.10.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 59 to 28 and 19 ended unchanged on the Lagos.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 3.37% or 2.50 to $71.61 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 4.45% or 3.51 to hit $75.35 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.88% or 11.10 to trade at $1244.30 a troy ounce.
EUR/NGN was up 0.07% to 421.640, while USD/NGN rose 0.28% to 361.000.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.60% at 94.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.