At the close in Lagos, the NSE 30 declined 0.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the NSE 30 were Skye Bank (LAGOS: SKYEBAN ), which rose 9.62% or 0.050 points to trade at 0.560 at the close. Pz Cussons LG (LAGOS: PZ ) added 7.14% or 1.00 points to end at 14.50 and Diamond Bank (LAGOS: DIAMONB ) was up 6.92% or 0.090 points to 1.390 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fbn Holdings (LAGOS: FBNH ), which lost 7.22% or 0.700 points to trade at 9.000 in late trade. Union Bank LG (LAGOS: UBN ) declined 5.98% or 0.35 points to end at 5.50 and Wapco (LAGOS: WAPCO ) shed 5.56% or 1.50 points to 25.35.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 52 to 40 and 9 ended unchanged on the Lagos.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was up 1.55% or 1.06 to $69.59 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 1.65% or 1.26 to hit $77.55 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.21% or 2.60 to trade at $1211.80 a troy ounce.
EUR/NGN was down 0.44% to 421.610, while USD/NGN fell 0.09% to 361.750.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 94.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.