Investing.com – Norway equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Diversified Financials , Software & Computer Services and Commercial Service And Supplies sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Oslo, the Oslo OBX gained 0.22%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Oslo OBX were Petroleum Geo - Services ASA (OL: PGS ), which rose 8.71% or 1.68 points to trade at 20.90 at the close. BW Offshore Ltd (OL: BWO ) added 4.87% or 1.950 points to end at 42.000 and DNO International ASA (OL: DNO ) was up 3.07% or 0.50 points to 16.59 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA (OL: NWC ), which lost 2.95% or 3.90 points to trade at 128.25 in late trade. Golden Ocean Group Ltd (OL: GOGLT ) declined 2.27% or 1.00 points to end at 43.10 and P/f Bakkafrost (OL: BAKKA ) shed 1.19% or 5.20 points to 430.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 97 to 86 and 22 ended unchanged on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 1.74% or 0.96 to $54.30 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 0.54% or 0.34 to hit $62.41 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.21% or 2.75 to trade at $1319.35 a troy ounce.
EUR/NOK was up 0.22% to 9.6854, while USD/NOK rose 0.36% to 8.4681.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.25% at 95.540.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.