Investing.com – Norway equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Commercial Service And Supplies , Auto & components and Technology Hardware & Equipment sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Oslo, the Oslo OBX gained 0.60% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Oslo OBX were REC Silicon ASA (OL: REC ), which rose 6.87% or 0.05 points to trade at 0.70 at the close. Golden Ocean Group Ltd (OL: GOGLT ) added 3.59% or 2.65 points to end at 76.55 and Aker BP ASA (OL: AKERBP ) was up 3.42% or 10.40 points to 314.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SalMar ASA (OL: SALM ), which lost 2.60% or 10.80 points to trade at 404.00 in late trade. Leroy Seafood Group ASA (OL: LSG ) declined 1.39% or 0.9 points to end at 65.4 and Marine Harvest ASA (OL: MHG ) shed 1.39% or 2.60 points to 184.59.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 108 to 75 and 22 ended unchanged on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 0.33% or 0.23 to $70.55 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $78.72 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.83% or 10.00 to trade at $1201.30 a troy ounce.
EUR/NOK was down 0.12% to 9.5796, while USD/NOK rose 0.18% to 8.1605.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.43% at 93.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.