Investing.com – Norway equities were lower at the close on Friday, as losses in the Healthcare Equipment & Services , Technology Hardware & Equipment and Pharma Biotech & Life Sciences sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Oslo, the Oslo OBX lost 0.24%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Oslo OBX were DNO International ASA (OL: DNO ), which rose 1.24% or 0.15 points to trade at 12.25 at the close. Yara International ASA (OL: YAR ) added 1.20% or 4.1 points to end at 347.1 and Gjensidige Forsikring ASA (OL: GJFS ) was up 1.20% or 1.6 points to 134.9 in late trade.
Biggest losers included REC Silicon ASA (OL: REC ), which lost 8.02% or 0.09 points to trade at 1.07 in late trade. Nordic Nanovector ASA (OL: NANOV ) declined 2.68% or 2.20 points to end at 80.00 and BW LPG Ltd (OL: BWLPG ) shed 2.51% or 0.90 points to 34.89.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 92 to 75 and 34 ended unchanged on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was down 1.75% or 0.86 to $48.23 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November fell 0.46% or 0.25 to hit $54.24 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.19% or 2.50 to trade at $1352.80 a troy ounce.
EUR/NOK was up 0.24% to 9.3202, while USD/NOK rose 0.09% to 7.7400.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 91.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.