Norway shares lower at close of trade; Oslo OBX down 0.31%
Investing.com – Norway equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Insurance , Diversified Financials and Software & Computer Services sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Oslo, the Oslo OBX lost 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Oslo OBX were DNO International ASA (OL: DNO ), which rose 3.48% or 0.47 points to trade at 13.99 at the close. Norwegian Finans Holding ASA (OL: NOFI ) added 3.13% or 2.20 points to end at 72.55 and Norsk Hydro ASA (OL: NHY ) was up 0.61% or 0.25 points to 46.26 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA (OL: NWC ), which lost 3.18% or 6.90 points to trade at 279.57 in late trade. Petroleum Geo - Services ASA (OL: PGS ) declined 2.46% or 0.48 points to end at 19.00 and Gjensidige Forsikring ASA (OL: GJFS ) shed 2.45% or 3.4 points to 135.4.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 96 to 72 and 37 ended unchanged on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 1.09% or 0.56 to $52.12 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.73% or 0.44 to hit $60.84 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.50% or 6.10 to trade at $1226.00 a troy ounce.
EUR/NOK was down 0.02% to 9.7080, while USD/NOK fell 0.47% to 8.5629.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 96.965.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or