Norway shares lower at close of trade; Oslo OBX down 0.39%
Investing.com – Norway equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Pharma Biotech & Life Sciences , Materials and Media sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Oslo, the Oslo OBX lost 0.39%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Oslo OBX were Golden Ocean Group Ltd (OL: GOGLT ), which rose 3.76% or 2.60 points to trade at 71.80 at the close. Petroleum Geo - Services ASA (OL: PGS ) added 3.13% or 0.68 points to end at 22.41 and Aker BP ASA (OL: AKERBP ) was up 2.50% or 5.00 points to 204.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Norsk Hydro ASA (OL: NHY ), which lost 2.85% or 1.64 points to trade at 55.82 in late trade. BW LPG Ltd (OL: BWLPG ) declined 2.04% or 0.69 points to end at 33.16 and Marine Harvest ASA (OL: MHG ) shed 1.98% or 3.05 points to 150.80.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 108 to 74 and 25 ended unchanged on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 1.36% or 0.84 to $62.39 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 1.14% or 0.74 to hit $65.58 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.45% or 6.10 to trade at $1350.10 a troy ounce.
EUR/NOK was up 0.02% to 9.6549, while USD/NOK rose 0.02% to 7.7832.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 89.14.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or