Norway shares lower at close of trade; Oslo OBX down 1.54%
Investing.com – Norway equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Technology Hardware & Equipment , Materials and Utilities sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Oslo, the Oslo OBX fell 1.54%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Oslo OBX were DNO International ASA (OL: DNO ), which rose 1.35% or 0.25 points to trade at 18.75 at the close. Norwegian Finans Holding ASA (OL: NOFI ) added 0.25% or 0.25 points to end at 98.95 and Gjensidige Forsikring ASA (OL: GJFS ) was up 0.23% or 0.3 points to 131.9 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA (OL: TGS ), which lost 6.67% or 22.7 points to trade at 317.6 in late trade. Petroleum Geo - Services ASA (OL: PGS ) declined 4.97% or 1.91 points to end at 36.50 and Subsea 7 SA (OL: SUBC ) shed 3.58% or 4.0 points to 109.2.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 117 to 65 and 23 ended unchanged on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was down 3.39% or 2.27 to $64.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October fell 2.58% or 1.87 to hit $70.59 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 1.51% or 18.10 to trade at $1182.60 a troy ounce.
EUR/NOK was up 0.59% to 9.6036, while USD/NOK rose 0.70% to 8.4749.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 96.67.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or