Investing.com – Norway equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Pharma Biotech & Life Sciences , Commercial Service And Supplies and Diversified Financials sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Oslo, the Oslo OBX fell 2.51% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Oslo OBX were Orkla ASA (OL: ORK ), which fell 0.89% or 0.64 points to trade at 70.92 at the close. P/f Bakkafrost (OL: BAKKA ) fell 0.89% or 3.80 points to end at 421.20 and Telenor ASA (OL: TEL ) was down 1.22% or 2.0 points to 162.1 in late trade.
Biggest losers included REC Silicon ASA (OL: REC ), which lost 8.71% or 0.06 points to trade at 0.59 in late trade. Subsea 7 SA (OL: SUBC ) declined 7.04% or 6.9 points to end at 126.7 and Schibsted ASA A (OL: SBSTA ) shed 6.86% or 20.8 points to 282.2.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 180 to 16 and 13 ended unchanged on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was down 4.88% or 2.79 to $54.41 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in January fell 4.88% or 3.26 to hit $63.53 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.13% or 1.60 to trade at $1223.70 a troy ounce.
EUR/NOK was up 0.31% to 9.7425, while USD/NOK rose 0.85% to 8.5519.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.46% at 96.51.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.