Peru shares higher at close of trade; S&P Lima General up 0.03%
Investing.com – Peru equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the S&P Lima Juniors , Services and Electricity sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General added 0.03%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Sider (LM: SID ), which rose 2.78% or 0.020 points to trade at 0.740 at the close. PPX Mining Corp (LM: PPX ) unchanged 2.63% or 0.00 points to end at 0.08 and Buenaventura (LM: BVN ) was up 1.64% or 0.250 points to 15.480 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ), which lost 10.87% or 0.250 points to trade at 2.050 in late trade. Austral Group SAA (LM: AUG ) declined 3.85% or 0.050 points to end at 1.250 and Sociedad Minera el Brocal SAA (LM: BRO ) shed 3.06% or 0.300 points to 9.500.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 19 to 15 and 11 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was down 0.15% or 0.11 to $71.38 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 0.79% or 0.63 to hit $78.67 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.18% or 2.30 to trade at $1291.70 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was up 0.45% to 3.2896, while EUR/PEN rose 0.29% to 3.8772.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 93.58.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or