At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General rose 0.05%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were PPX Mining Corp (LM: PPX ), which rose 6.67% or 0.01 points to trade at 0.08 at the close. Cerro Verde (LM: CVE ) added 2.00% or 0.500 points to end at 25.500 and Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ) was up 1.47% or 0.70 points to 48.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Empresa Agroindustrial Pomalca (LM: POM ), which lost 8.33% or 0.010 points to trade at 0.110 in late trade. Relapasa (LM: REL ) declined 3.85% or 0.008 points to end at 0.200 and Atacocha (LM: ATB ) shed 3.37% or 0.015 points to 0.430.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 7 and 14 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 2.01% or 1.38 to $70.07 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $75.48 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.22% or 2.70 to trade at $1220.30 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.12% to 3.2668, while EUR/PEN rose 0.37% to 3.8276.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 94.14.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.