Peru shares higher at close of trade; S&P Lima General up 0.09%
Investing.com – Peru equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the S&P Lima Juniors , Electricity and Services sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General added 0.09%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Volcan Minera (LM: VOL_pb ), which rose 2.86% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.080 at the close. Backus Johnsto (LM: BKJi ) added 2.04% or 0.410 points to end at 20.510 and Panoro (LM: PML ) was up 1.92% or 0.005 points to 0.265 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ), which lost 7.32% or 0.150 points to trade at 1.900 in late trade. Empresa Agroindustrial Pomalca (LM: POM ) declined 4.00% or 0.005 points to end at 0.120 and Cerro Verde (LM: CVE ) shed 2.82% or 0.790 points to 27.210.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 18 to 11 and 11 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was up 1.81% or 1.29 to $72.66 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $79.53 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.05% or 0.70 to trade at $1292.00 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.23% to 3.2820, while EUR/PEN fell 0.18% to 3.8704.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 93.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or