At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General gained 0.25% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Sociedad Minera el Brocal SAA (LM: BRO ), which rose 4.90% or 0.490 points to trade at 10.490 at the close. Sider (LM: SID ) added 3.57% or 0.020 points to end at 0.580 and Trevali Mining (LM: TV ) was up 3.16% or 0.030 points to 0.980 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ), which lost 6.25% or 0.150 points to trade at 2.250 in late trade. Minsur (LM: MINi ) declined 5.03% or 0.090 points to end at 1.700 and Cerro Verde (LM: CVE ) shed 3.87% or 1.200 points to 29.800.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 22 to 8 and 14 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 3.40% or 2.26 to $68.78 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $73.81 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.21% or 2.90 to trade at $1352.40 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.14% to 3.2170, while EUR/PEN rose 0.01% to 3.9822.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 89.35.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.