At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General gained 0.25% to hit a new 3-year high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Empresa Agroindustrial Pomalca (LM: POM ), which rose 3.96% or 0.008 points to trade at 0.210 at the close. Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ) added 2.76% or 1.20 points to end at 44.63 and Corporacion Aceros Arequipa SA (LM: ARE ) was up 2.50% or 0.020 points to 0.820 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aceros Arequip (LM: AREi ), which lost 4.11% or 0.030 points to trade at 0.700 in late trade. Panoro (LM: PML ) declined 3.51% or 0.013 points to end at 0.357 and Atacocha (LM: ATB ) shed 2.78% or 0.020 points to 0.700.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 20 to 11 and 11 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for December delivery was up 1.21% or 0.63 to $52.53 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $58.48 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.22% or 2.79 to trade at $1278.11 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.16% to 3.2327, while EUR/PEN unchanged 0.00% to 3.8112.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 93.83.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.