Peru shares higher at close of trade; S&P Lima General up 0.40%
Investing.com – Peru equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Banking & Financials , Industrials and Non-Metal Minerals sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General rose 0.40%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Candente Copper (LM: DNT ), which rose 12.50% or 0.0070 points to trade at 0.0630 at the close. Volcan Minera (LM: VOL_pb ) added 3.61% or 0.030 points to end at 0.860 and Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ) was up 3.17% or 0.080 points to 2.600 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Panoro (LM: PML ), which lost 2.38% or 0.005 points to trade at 0.205 in late trade. Sociedad Minera el Brocal SAA (LM: BRO ) declined 1.88% or 0.150 points to end at 7.850 and Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ) shed 1.74% or 0.78 points to 44.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 15 to 12 and 11 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was down 0.16% or 0.11 to $68.13 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.56% or 0.41 to hit $72.99 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.65% or 7.90 to trade at $1231.90 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was up 0.03% to 3.2755, while EUR/PEN rose 0.72% to 3.8331.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.77% at 94.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or