At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General added 0.71% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Corporacion Aceros Arequipa SA (LM: ARE ), which rose 9.09% or 0.080 points to trade at 0.960 at the close. Candente Copper (LM: DNT ) added 4.00% or 0.0030 points to end at 0.0780 and Aceros Arequip (LM: AREi ) was up 3.95% or 0.030 points to 0.790 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ENGIE Energia Peru SA (LM: ENGI ), which lost 1.45% or 0.100 points to trade at 6.800 in late trade. Bco Continenta (LM: CON ) declined 1.11% or 0.050 points to end at 4.450 and Inretail Peru (LM: INR ) shed 0.22% or 0.050 points to 22.400.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 22 to 5 and 15 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 3.41% or 2.16 to $65.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June fell 0.01% or 0.01 to hit $71.05 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.22% or 3.00 to trade at $1343.10 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was up 0.44% to 3.2387, while EUR/PEN rose 0.60% to 3.9971.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 89.32.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.