Peru shares higher at close of trade; S&P Lima General up 0.77%
Investing.com – Peru equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the S&P Lima Juniors , Mining and Banking & Financials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General rose 0.77% to hit a new 3-year high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Panoro (LM: PML ), which rose 28.03% or 0.044 points to trade at 0.201 at the close. Cerro Verde (LM: CVE ) added 2.17% or 0.500 points to end at 23.500 and Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ) was up 2.04% or 0.80 points to 40.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Candente Copper (LM: DNT ), which lost 4.82% or 0.0040 points to trade at 0.0790 in late trade. Corporacion Aceros Arequipa SA (LM: ARE ) declined 4.29% or 0.030 points to end at 0.670 and Enel Distribucion Peru SAA (LM: ENE ) shed 1.65% or 0.090 points to 5.360.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 17 to 6 and 14 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was down 2.26% or 1.10 to $47.56 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October rose 0.08% or 0.04 to hit $51.70 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.45% or 5.75 to trade at $1297.35 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was unchanged 0.00% to 3.2382, while EUR/PEN unchanged 0.00% to 3.8300.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.39% at 93.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or