Peru shares higher at close of trade; S&P Lima General up 1.01%
Investing.com – Peru equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Mining , Banking & Financials and S&P Lima Juniors sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General gained 1.01% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ), which rose 5.00% or 2.20 points to trade at 46.20 at the close. Minsur (LM: MINi ) added 4.67% or 0.070 points to end at 1.570 and Volcan Minera (LM: VOL_pb ) was up 2.35% or 0.020 points to 0.870 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ), which lost 2.64% or 0.070 points to trade at 2.580 in late trade. Aceros Arequip (LM: AREi ) declined 1.30% or 0.010 points to end at 0.760 and Bco Continenta (LM: CON ) shed 1.18% or 0.050 points to 4.200.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 15 to 9 and 19 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 1.27% or 0.86 to $68.75 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.14% or 0.10 to hit $73.75 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.10% or 1.20 to trade at $1224.40 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.22% to 3.2727, while EUR/PEN fell 0.37% to 3.8239.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 94.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or