At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General rose 0.37% to hit a new 52-week high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Buenaventura (LM: BVN ), which rose 4.84% or 0.600 points to trade at 13.000 at the close. Cerro Verde (LM: CVE ) added 2.00% or 0.400 points to end at 20.400 and Alicorp (LM: ALI ) was up 0.67% or 0.050 points to 7.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ), which lost 7.36% or 0.310 points to trade at 3.900 in late trade. Relapasa (LM: REL ) declined 3.75% or 0.009 points to end at 0.231 and Casa Grande (LM: CSG ) shed 2.46% or 0.180 points to 7.150.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 14 to 8 and 8 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 4.02% or 2.17 to $51.82 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 4.03% or 2.30 to hit $54.80 a barrel, while the February Gold contract rose 0.72% or 8.45 to trade at $1181.85 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was up 0.15% to 3.3825, while EUR/PEN rose 0.30% to 3.5762.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.24% at 101.92.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.