At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General rose 0.58% to hit a new 52-week high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Alicorp (LM: ALI ), which rose 3.49% or 0.280 points to trade at 8.300 at the close. Atacocha (LM: ATB ) added 3.38% or 0.009 points to end at 0.275 and Relapasa (LM: REL ) was up 2.27% or 0.005 points to 0.225 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Luz Del Sur (LM: LUZ ), which lost 0.85% or 0.100 points to trade at 11.700 in late trade. ENGIE Energia Peru SA (LM: ENGI ) declined 0.61% or 0.050 points to end at 8.150 and Sociedad Minera el Brocal SAA (LM: BRO ) shed 0.13% or 0.010 points to 7.590.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 14 to 4 and 7 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 0.78% or 0.38 to $49.13 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 1.24% or 0.63 to hit $51.60 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.78% or 9.69 to trade at $1259.09 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was unchanged 0.00% to 3.2433, while EUR/PEN unchanged 0.00% to 3.7841.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.51% at 93.77.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.