Peru shares higher at close of trade; S&P Lima General up 0.85%
Investing.com – Peru equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Banking & Financials , Mining and S&P Lima Juniors sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General added 0.85%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Corporacion Aceros Arequipa SA (LM: ARE ), which rose 7.69% or 0.040 points to trade at 0.560 at the close. Sider (LM: SID ) added 7.58% or 0.025 points to end at 0.355 and Trevali Mining (LM: TV ) was up 4.21% or 0.040 points to 0.990 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atacocha (LM: ATB ), which lost 2.63% or 0.010 points to trade at 0.370 in late trade. Milpo (LM: MIL ) declined 2.50% or 0.080 points to end at 3.120 and Backus Johnsto (LM: BKJi ) shed 2.47% or 0.390 points to 15.400.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 15 to 10 and 13 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 3.01% or 1.49 to $50.93 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 3.67% or 1.90 to hit $53.74 a barrel, while the February Gold contract fell 0.02% or 0.20 to trade at $1173.70 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was up 4.26% to 3.4175, while EUR/PEN fell 0.27% to 3.6278.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.59% at 101.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or