Peru shares lower at close of trade; S&P Lima General down 0.05%
Investing.com – Peru equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Services , Electricity and Mining sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General fell 0.05% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Panoro (LM: PML ), which rose 6.55% or 0.018 points to trade at 0.293 at the close. Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ) added 5.38% or 0.100 points to end at 1.960 and Atacocha (LM: ATB ) was up 3.17% or 0.020 points to 0.650 in late trade.
Biggest losers included PPX Mining Corp (LM: PPX ), which unchanged 5.63% or 0.00 points to trade at 0.07 in late trade. Minsur (LM: MINi ) declined 4.42% or 0.080 points to end at 1.730 and Enel Distribucion Peru SAA (LM: ENE ) shed 3.98% or 0.230 points to 5.550.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 11 and 9 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 1.16% or 0.65 to $56.61 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 1.49% or 0.91 to hit $62.13 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 1.33% or 16.90 to trade at $1249.20 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was up 0.05% to 3.2353, while EUR/PEN fell 0.06% to 3.8152.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.24% at 93.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or