Peru shares lower at close of trade; S&P Lima General down 0.08%
Investing.com – Peru equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Industrials , Non-Metal Minerals and Electricity sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General fell 0.08%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Intergroup (LM: IFS ), which rose 4.39% or 1.800 points to trade at 42.800 at the close. Minsur (LM: MINi ) added 2.86% or 0.050 points to end at 1.800 and Luz Del Sur (LM: LUZ ) was up 1.99% or 0.240 points to 12.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Milpo (LM: MIL ), which lost 3.31% or 0.180 points to trade at 5.250 in late trade. Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ) declined 3.23% or 0.060 points to end at 1.800 and ENGIE Energia Peru SA (LM: ENGI ) shed 2.90% or 0.200 points to 6.700.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 10 and 10 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for April delivery was up 1.65% or 1.02 to $62.70 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 1.36% or 0.89 to hit $66.31 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.06% or 0.80 to trade at $1332.90 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was up 0.09% to 3.2480, while EUR/PEN rose 0.24% to 4.0080.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 89.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or