Peru shares lower at close of trade; S&P Lima General down 0.38%
Investing.com – Peru equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Mining , Banking & Financials and Non-Metal Minerals sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General lost 0.38%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Andino Investment Holding SAA (LM: AIH ), which rose 3.45% or 0.100 points to trade at 3.000 at the close. Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ) added 1.76% or 0.040 points to end at 2.310 and Intergroup (LM: IFS ) was up 1.56% or 0.610 points to 39.710 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Trevali Mining (LM: TV ), which lost 4.29% or 0.030 points to trade at 0.670 in late trade. Volcan Minera (LM: VOL_pb ) declined 3.45% or 0.030 points to end at 0.840 and Buenaventura (LM: BVN ) shed 3.14% or 0.430 points to 13.260.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 14 to 10 and 10 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.50% or 0.37 to $74.22 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 0.13% or 0.10 to hit $78.88 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.30% or 3.80 to trade at $1255.80 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.44% to 3.2693, while EUR/PEN fell 0.54% to 3.8367.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 93.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or