At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General declined 1.03% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Inretail Peru (LM: INR ), which rose 1.21% or 0.300 points to trade at 25.000 at the close. Luz Del Sur (LM: LUZ ) added 0.25% or 0.030 points to end at 11.980 and Unacem (LM: CEL ) was unchanged 0.00% or 0.000 points to 2.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Candente Copper (LM: DNT ), which lost 15.87% or 0.0100 points to trade at 0.0530 in late trade. Bolsa de Valores de Lima SAA (LM: BVL ) declined 12.42% or 0.390 points to end at 2.750 and Volcan Minera (LM: VOL_pb ) shed 7.96% or 0.070 points to 0.810.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 25 to 6 and 14 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.71% or 0.52 to $73.28 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.06% or 0.05 to hit $77.53 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.53% or 6.60 to trade at $1249.50 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.03% to 3.2725, while EUR/PEN rose 0.02% to 3.7910.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 95.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.