At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General declined 1.07% to hit a new 6-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Cerro Verde (LM: CVE ), which rose 5.09% or 1.120 points to trade at 23.120 at the close. Volcan Minera (LM: VOL_pb ) added 3.80% or 0.030 points to end at 0.820 and Bco Continenta (LM: CON ) was up 2.44% or 0.100 points to 4.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ), which lost 4.13% or 1.87 points to trade at 43.40 in late trade. Candente Copper (LM: DNT ) declined 3.51% or 0.0020 points to end at 0.0550 and Cem Pacasmayo (LM: CPA ) shed 3.45% or 0.250 points to 7.000.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 14 to 8 and 9 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was down 0.48% or 0.34 to $69.91 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November fell 0.42% or 0.33 to hit $77.69 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.16% or 1.90 to trade at $1206.90 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.11% to 3.3051, while EUR/PEN fell 0.66% to 3.8319.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.43% at 95.05.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.