At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General fell 1.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Inretail Peru (LM: INR ), which rose 1.85% or 0.390 points to trade at 21.500 at the close. Luz Del Sur (LM: LUZ ) added 0.08% or 0.010 points to end at 12.110 and Intergroup (LM: IFS ) was up 0.02% or 0.010 points to 40.530 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ), which lost 3.15% or 1.57 points to trade at 48.34 in late trade. Buenaventura (LM: BVN ) declined 3.04% or 0.480 points to end at 15.300 and Ferreyros (LM: FER ) shed 2.26% or 0.060 points to 2.590.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 8 and 15 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 2.12% or 1.39 to $64.17 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 1.46% or 1.01 to hit $68.19 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.27% or 3.60 to trade at $1336.70 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was unchanged 0.00% to 3.2165, while EUR/PEN rose 0.26% to 3.9841.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.16% at 89.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.