At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General fell 1.38%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Austral Group SAA (LM: AUG ), which rose 2.50% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.230 at the close. Backus Johnsto (LM: BKJi ) added 0.67% or 0.150 points to end at 22.550 and Sociedad Minera el Brocal SAA (LM: BRO ) was up 0.16% or 0.010 points to 6.270 in late trade.
Biggest losers included PPX Mining Corp (LM: PPX ), which lost 9.09% or 0.01 points to trade at 0.07 in late trade. Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ) declined 4.28% or 1.87 points to end at 41.81 and Unacem (LM: CEL ) shed 3.95% or 0.090 points to 2.190.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 27 to 6 and 4 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.05% or 0.04 to $74.29 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.65% or 0.55 to hit $84.03 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.42% or 5.10 to trade at $1206.70 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was down 0.09% to 3.3235, while EUR/PEN fell 0.33% to 3.8262.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.