Peru shares lower at close of trade; S&P Lima General down 0.36%
Investing.com – Peru equities were lower at the close on Thursday, as losses in the Industrials , Electricity and Non-Metal Minerals sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General lost 0.36%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Edegel (LM: EDE ), which rose 1.28% or 0.030 points to trade at 2.370 at the close. Credicorp (LM: BAP ) added 0.59% or 1.00 points to end at 169.30 and Inretail Peru (LM: INR ) was up 0.29% or 0.050 points to 17.060 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Enel Distribucion Peru SAA (LM: ENE ), which lost 7.59% or 0.440 points to trade at 5.360 in late trade. Panoro (LM: PML ) declined 6.92% or 0.009 points to end at 0.121 and Casa Grande (LM: CSG ) shed 5.82% or 0.390 points to 6.310.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 6 and 10 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.56% or 0.27 to $48.05 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 0.22% or 0.11 to hit $50.24 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.49% or 6.24 to trade at $1265.76 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was unchanged 0.00% to 3.2675, while EUR/PEN unchanged 0.00% to 3.6631.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 97.16.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or