At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General declined 0.60%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Backus Johnsto (LM: BKJi ), which rose 3.12% or 0.530 points to trade at 17.530 at the close. Corporacion Aceros Arequipa SA (LM: ARE ) added 1.41% or 0.010 points to end at 0.720 and Minsur (LM: MINi ) was up 1.38% or 0.020 points to 1.470 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Candente Copper (LM: DNT ), which lost 14.29% or 0.0100 points to trade at 0.0600 in late trade. Austral Group SAA (LM: AUG ) declined 6.90% or 0.100 points to end at 1.350 and Southern Copper Corp (LM: SPC ) shed 2.64% or 0.95 points to 35.05.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 16 to 7 and 12 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.30% or 0.15 to $49.65 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 0.04% or 0.02 to hit $52.19 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.43% or 5.46 to trade at $1262.64 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was unchanged 0.00% to 3.2805, while EUR/PEN unchanged 0.00% to 3.6698.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 97.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.