At the close in Lima, the S&P Lima General lost 0.68%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the S&P Lima General were Panoro (LM: PML ), which rose 9.60% or 0.012 points to trade at 0.137 at the close. Volcan Minera (LM: VOL_pb ) added 3.66% or 0.030 points to end at 0.850 and Backus Johnsto (LM: BKJi ) was up 1.79% or 0.300 points to 17.050 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grana Y Monter (LM: GRA ), which lost 12.50% or 0.300 points to trade at 2.100 in late trade. Minera Irl (LM: IRL ) declined 7.62% or 0.01 points to end at 0.10 and Corporacion Aceros Arequipa SA (LM: ARE ) shed 4.41% or 0.030 points to 0.650.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 5 and 12 ended unchanged on the Lima Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was down 1.25% or 0.61 to $48.24 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $51.32 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.55% or 6.82 to trade at $1236.82 a troy ounce.
USD/PEN was unchanged 0.00% to 3.2555, while EUR/PEN unchanged 0.00% to 3.6060.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.72% at 98.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.