At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 0.35% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Universal Robina Corp (PS: URC ), which rose 5.06% or 7.90 points to trade at 163.90 at the close. San Miguel Corp (PS: SMC ) added 3.54% or 4.10 points to end at 120.00 and GT Capital Holdings Inc (PS: GTCAP ) was up 3.25% or 43.00 points to 1367.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ), which lost 2.89% or 0.48 points to trade at 16.12 in late trade. SM Investments Corp (PS: SM ) declined 2.86% or 30.00 points to end at 1020.00 and Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) shed 2.43% or 45.00 points to 1805.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 126 to 86 and 51 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.22% or 2.90 to $1318.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.37% or 0.23 to hit $61.78 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.29% or 0.20 to trade at $67.87 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.04% to 7.6839, while USD/PHP fell 0.08% to 49.836.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 91.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.