At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 0.39% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ), which rose 6.52% or 1.500 points to trade at 24.500 at the close. San Miguel Corp (PS: SMC ) added 2.86% or 3.80 points to end at 136.80 and Ayala Corp (PS: AC ) was up 1.84% or 19.00 points to 1050.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which lost 3.85% or 3.000 points to trade at 75.000 in late trade. Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ) declined 2.53% or 0.130 points to end at 5.000 and Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ) shed 1.85% or 0.300 points to 15.900.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 128 to 98 and 52 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.21% or 2.80 to $1330.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.35% or 0.22 to hit $63.53 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.36% or 0.25 to trade at $68.86 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.45% to 7.9556, while USD/PHP rose 0.33% to 50.900.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 90.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.