At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite added 0.65%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Aboitiz Power Corp (PS: AP ), which rose 3.60% or 1.25 points to trade at 36.00 at the close. GT Capital Holdings Inc (PS: GTCAP ) added 3.02% or 27.00 points to end at 920.00 and Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ) was up 2.25% or 2.00 points to 91.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ayala Land Inc (PS: ALI ), which lost 1.22% or 0.450 points to trade at 36.550 in late trade. SM Investments Corp (PS: SM ) declined 1.12% or 10.00 points to end at 880.00 and San Miguel Corp (PS: SMC ) shed 0.87% or 1.20 points to 136.80.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 113 to 71 and 53 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.29% or 3.60 to $1256.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.61% or 0.45 to hit $74.30 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.08% or 0.84 to trade at $78.91 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.11% to 8.0772, while USD/PHP rose 0.18% to 53.508.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 93.91.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.