At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite gained 0.69%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ), which rose 4.39% or 0.660 points to trade at 15.700 at the close. JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ) added 2.50% or 1.850 points to end at 75.950 and Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ) was up 2.12% or 0.110 points to 5.310 in late trade.
Biggest losers included San Miguel Corp (PS: SMC ), which lost 0.87% or 0.85 points to trade at 97.20 in late trade. Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ) declined 0.82% or 2.00 points to end at 242.00 and Semirara Mining Corp (PS: SCC ) shed 0.75% or 0.35 points to 46.15.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 106 to 106 and 43 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.48% or 6.33 to $1316.93 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.74% or 0.37 to hit $50.27 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.42% or 0.23 to trade at $55.37 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.06% to 7.7559, while USD/PHP fell 0.27% to 50.955.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 91.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.