At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite gained 1.01%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ), which rose 5.65% or 3.100 points to trade at 57.950 at the close. Manila Electric Co (PS: MER ) added 3.83% or 14.00 points to end at 380.00 and Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) was up 3.50% or 70.00 points to 2068.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which lost 4.76% or 2.700 points to trade at 54.000 in late trade. San Miguel Corp (PS: SMC ) declined 3.32% or 5.70 points to end at 166.10 and Petron Corp (PS: PCOR ) shed 1.00% or 0.090 points to 8.910.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 113 to 91 and 38 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.26% or 3.20 to $1219.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.15% or 0.10 to hit $68.97 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.46% or 0.35 to trade at $76.85 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.10% to 7.8341, while USD/PHP fell 0.02% to 53.316.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.05% at 94.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.