At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 2.72%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were DMCI Holdings Inc (PS: DMC ), which rose 5.56% or 0.700 points to trade at 13.300 at the close. Ayala Land Inc (PS: ALI ) added 5.53% or 2.200 points to end at 41.950 and SM Investments Corp (PS: SM ) was up 5.32% or 49.50 points to 980.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ), which lost 1.64% or 0.220 points to trade at 13.200 in late trade. International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ) declined 0.67% or 0.700 points to end at 104.000 and Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) shed 0.38% or 0.020 points to 5.250.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 122 to 75 and 46 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.89% or 11.70 to $1333.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.18% or 0.12 to hit $65.05 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.40% or 0.28 to trade at $69.19 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.34% to 8.2664, while USD/PHP rose 0.43% to 52.284.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 89.13.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.