At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite gained 3.48%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were BDO Unibank Inc (PS: BDO ), which rose 7.58% or 8.50 points to trade at 120.60 at the close. Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ) added 7.44% or 0.900 points to end at 13.000 and Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ) was up 6.35% or 2.800 points to 46.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Robinsons Land Corp (PS: RLC ), which lost 3.69% or 0.720 points to trade at 18.780 in late trade. Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) declined 1.60% or 0.080 points to end at 4.920 and LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ) shed 1.57% or 0.240 points to 15.000.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 115 to 84 and 42 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.12% or 1.40 to $1212.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.65% or 0.46 to hit $70.78 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.81% or 0.64 to trade at $79.34 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.20% to 7.9067, while USD/PHP fell 0.05% to 54.026.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 93.52.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.