At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite lost 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ), which rose 2.92% or 0.140 points to trade at 4.940 at the close. Petron Corp (PS: PCOR ) added 2.81% or 0.250 points to end at 9.150 and Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) was up 2.60% or 50.00 points to 1970.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which lost 3.84% or 2.250 points to trade at 56.350 in late trade. International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ) declined 2.74% or 2.450 points to end at 87.050 and Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ) shed 2.63% or 7.20 points to 266.80.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 107 to 91 and 47 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.14% or 1.60 to $1186.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $65.03 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.18% or 0.13 to trade at $70.89 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.03% to 7.7510, while USD/PHP fell 0.26% to 53.441.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 96.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.