At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite fell 0.39%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ), which rose 2.00% or 0.110 points to trade at 5.600 at the close. Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ) added 1.92% or 0.300 points to end at 15.900 and Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ) was up 0.81% or 0.80 points to 99.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ), which lost 2.41% or 0.42 points to trade at 17.00 in late trade. Aboitiz Power Corp (PS: AP ) declined 2.20% or 0.90 points to end at 40.00 and Ayala Land Inc (PS: ALI ) shed 1.75% or 0.750 points to 42.050.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 122 to 80 and 48 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.42% or 5.32 to $1280.62 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.16% or 0.09 to hit $56.51 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.37% or 0.23 to trade at $62.45 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.08% to 7.6472, while USD/PHP fell 0.34% to 50.729.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 93.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.