At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite declined 1.09%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ), which rose 1.14% or 0.200 points to trade at 17.700 at the close. First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ) added 0.78% or 0.12 points to end at 15.52 and Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) was up 0.76% or 15.00 points to 1985.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ayala Corp (PS: AC ), which lost 4.40% or 44.00 points to trade at 955.00 in late trade. JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ) declined 4.11% or 2.200 points to end at 51.300 and Manila Electric Co (PS: MER ) shed 3.53% or 12.80 points to 350.20.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0 on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.50% or 6.00 to $1200.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $65.44 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.21% or 0.15 to trade at $72.36 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.15% to 7.7957, while USD/PHP rose 0.02% to 53.334.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 95.45.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.